How do I know I have basement problems?
- Damp or wet areas on the floor by the exterior walls
- Damp areas and/or water stains on drywall or paneling
- Water on the floors by the walls
- Wet carpets
- White, chalky powder (efflorescence) on the walls or floors
- Mold on walls
- Darkening of lower blocks
What are the sources of my problems?
- Cement block seepage & cracks
- Cracks in poured concrete walls & floors
- Grading of earth around house foundation
- Eave troughs and/or downspouts
- Exterior tile problems
- Driveway & sidewalk runoff to foundation
- Penetration through drains & openings
- Lack of/or defective sump pit & pump/back up pump
- Seasonal flooding caused by snow or rain
- High water table
What is Efflorescence?